Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timir Banerjee has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I recently received a copy of my IME from Dr Banerjee. I can only describe it as a fictional tale. The report was disorganized and poorly written. It appeared that he was attempting to confuse the real issues with erroneous information.Most upsetting was the way he attempted to discredit the radiologist who found my problem and the surgeon who attempted to fix my problem so that no further damage would occur. I have had several physicians look at this report and they are appalled that a board certified neurosurgeon would have written such "garbage". There is no such thing as an Independent Medical Exam. It is quite clear that Dr Banerjee was trying to place the blame for my injury on everyoneexcept where it belongs. I was hurt at work and all I wanted was to get better. The insurance co is surely not for the injured worker. Had I been listened to, treated fairly and received appropriate care the insurance co would have saved money.
I was not satisfied with this doctor's service. He was recommended by workman's comp and I felt that his office was very unprofessional. Also, I felt that his main goal was to push me out the door with a medical report that was satisfactory to workman's comp. He had no interest in treating my symptoms nor did he care to have me fully explain the issues that I was experiencing. Also, he tried to discredit other physcians that I had seen for the same problem which were highly recommended and acknowledged in their field. It was obvious that his main concern is workmans comps best interest and not the patient.
I like the good Dr. He speaks good and is very knowledgeable. This was my first visit and I was highly impressed with him and the time he took with me in explaining my prognosis. He appeared to be very honest,patient and candid. He was very polite and allowed me to talk and asked me if I had any more questions.
Dr. Timir Banerjee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Indiana Rehabilitation Hospital, 3104 Blackiston Blvd, New Albany, IN
Dr. Timir Banerjee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Albany, IN.