Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy S Cleary
Dr. Timothy S Cleary, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with another office in Portland, OR. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Cleary is affiliated with Providence Portland Medical Center. Dr. Cleary has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy S Cleary has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy S Cleary has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Timothy S Cleary has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 22
Things started out fine with Dr. Cleary, but getting refills was often a struggle. The final straw came when he shorted me a weeks worth of my monthly medication. I have yet to understand why! When I called after 3 weeks instead of my normal 4, to refill my prescription, he claimed it was too soon. True, but only because he had shorted me that month. His response after going rounds with him, was that it didn't matter that he'd only given me 3 weeks of my medication instead of 4, it was still too soon because it wasn't the end of the month. I can't stretch 3 weeks of medication into 4 weeks, so I'm looking for a competent Doctor who can perform simple math and knows how to use a calendar. The staff there are very nice however. But Dr. Cleary isn't worth the hassle, and is ALWAYS running way behind!
I need to find a new PCP as my doctor has closed her office. I wanted to follow my wonderful PA to her new place of employment. I called the office. You do not get to speak to a real person but only listen to the usual canned menu. This indicates poor concern and regard for patients. I left a message. 28 hours later and my phone call has not been returned. Another indication of poor regard for patients. This is not a physician I wish to have as my PCP.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cleary is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1981
St Vincent Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Timothy S Cleary accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy S Cleary is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.