Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy L Gendron has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Timothy L Gendron has the following 11 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Personality Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 30
When he was,a doctor in new bedford the wait times were often over 2 hours. One time after waiting for over two hours he asked how I was feeling and I replied that I was annoyed at the cronic lateNess of his office to which he replied..well I just won't refill your prescription and let's see how you feel then. I had to apologize to get my precription filled and then reported him. May be why he doesn't practice here?
Saw him for two years. Not a helpful doctor, in my opinion. Over prescribed certain meds and didn't seem to care about patient concerns re: those medications. Seemed caring initially but when faced with more complex situations and ineffective treatment, then became disinterested in discussing alternative treatments, offering suggestions, etc. Like many doctors, patients with complex issues are too much hassle, apparently. Keep searching for a p-doc that will actually listen, and care, answer concerns and will work WITH YOU.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
23 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Timothy L Gendron accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthpartners Inver Grove Heights Clinic, 5625 Cenex Dr, Inver Grove Heights, MN
Dr. Timothy L Gendron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Inver Grove Heights, MN.