Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy J Mattison has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
Staff was very, very rude. Completely incompetent. I walked into the waiting room and before the door behind me closed I was told I owed $15.00. I was pushed into a patient room by a rude medical assistant. I was seen by a nurse who seemed totally confused by my condition. She said the doctor was "not around" and took a photo on her phone and sent it to the doctor...somewhere. He was confused also. I left there untreated by incompetent people and never returned. I would not recommend anyone to even take their dog there. Simply a horrible experience. People like this "doctor" should never be allowed to practice medicine.
Dr. Mattison is a nice person, but his staff has real problems. His staff has a high turn-over rate. They do not seem to go out of their way to help you. I have had many frustrating experiences with them, but I stuck with him because I liked him in spite of the staff. However the situation has gotten worse since he has sold his practice to Promedica.
I was lucky enough to move back to Ohio and find Dr. Mattison. Both him and Dr. Nancy spend actual time with me without making me feel like they have to run out of the room to see another patient. Once I did have to wait a little at my visit but it was worth it. I was given his full attention, without being rushed. Both him and Dr. Nancy try to get to the bottom of the problem and don't just try to tell you to pop a pill hoping everything will be ok. I am extremely happy with these wonderful doctors.
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Dr. Mattison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Timothy J Mattison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsTimothy J Mattison Md, 5757 Monclova Rd Ste 15, Maumee, OH
Dr. Timothy J Mattison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maumee, OH.