Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy Pedley
Dr. Timothy Pedley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Pedley is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center, New York Presbyterian / Westchester and NewYork-PresbyterianColumbia. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy Pedley has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Pedley is a doctor who is most knowledgeable, his credentials speak for themselves. However he happens to be the most compastionate, caring, and professional doctor who I have ever come across. I cannot say enough about this doctor, he is truly unique!
Dr. Pedley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Harlem Hospital Center, New York, Ny
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
Harlem Hospital Center
44 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Timothy Pedley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbia University, 710 W 168th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy Pedley in this video.
Dr. Timothy Pedley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.