Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tinmar M Tun has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Tinmar saved my daughters life!!! After going to the ER for a fever and pain in my 5 yr old leg we were sent home with "oh she's just a bit dehydrated" NO BLOOD TAKEN NOR URINE!! I rushed my baby to Dr. Tinmar (my private pedi) where she already took one look and said I need to do blood. Her staff jumped on it in no time. The next day Dr. Tinmar said, Mommy rush baby to the hospital...there is bacteria in the blood. I rushed quickly to NYU medical center where there my daughter was diagnosed with strep pnenonia (steptoccocus) . My baby needed an emergency surgery where later I was told if I waited any longer this would have turned out horrible. If it wasn't for Dr. Tinmar my baby could have really been seriously hurt due to malpractice and the bacteria. The experience Dr. Tinmar has is phenomenal. She is so patient and is a true blessing. Since day 1 she has treated my kids with love and hospitality. I would never change her because I know when my mommy instincts aren't enough, I know in my heart I could depend on her. The staff there are amazing. They are fully knowledgeable as Dr. Tinmar takes the time to teach each one of them. Dr. Tinmar has so much interest in each child that comes to see her. I could never ask for a better Doctor. Thank you Dr. Tinmar...you are a true definition of a fine Medical Doctor and you do your job with perfection. We love you!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 1999
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Tinmar M Tun accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTinmar Tun Md, 2119 W 6th St, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Tinmar M Tun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.