More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Tod M Sweeney
Dr. Tod M Sweeney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, CO, with another office in Arvada, CO. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Sweeney is affiliated with St Anthony Hospital Lakewood, St Anthony North Hospital and Porter Adventist Hospital. Dr. Sweeney has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Tod M Sweeney has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Tod M Sweeney has the following 1 expertise
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Tod M Sweeney has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tod M Sweeney is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Our teenage daughter is a high school equestrian athlete and experienced a knee injury (unrelated to her sport). After an emergency room visit, we took her to see Dr. Sweeney. He had a clear explanation on the injury and a course of action forward. His appreciation for and knowledge of high performance athletes is exceptional.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sweeney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Tod M Sweeney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tod M Sweeney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, CO.