Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Todd B Orvald has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Spinal Fractures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Orvald was quite condescending and rude. I was honestly appalled after my appointment with him. After an hour wait in the waiting room, I was called back to a room, where I waited another 20 minutes for Dr. Orvald to actually arrive. Throughout the entire appointment he was condescending. He ranged from calling me sweetie and patting me on the cheek (I'm an adult woman) to telling me not to worry about sharing all of my symptoms with him, that he would ask about them when it was relevant to the diagnosis (I'm not exactly sure how symptoms wouldn't be relevant to a diagnosis) to telling me that it was normal to be in some pain all the time and to take some ibuprofen (despite me having just told him that I'd been taking the maximum dose for several months). His notes were terribly written and included symptoms that I hadn't told him about and didn't have. In addition they were extremely disorganized and in some places actually appeared to include information about a different patient. Dr. Orvald was simply all-around condescending, and quite frankly exhibited some worrying practices. My referring doctor gave me a call several days after my visit to Dr. Orvald to apologize for referring me to him and to ask me to visit another surgeon. That told me all that I needed to know!
The last time I was seen by Dr. Orvald was in 2006 when I went to him with unrelenting hip and lower back pain. Several years previously, he performed my first hip replacement with wonderful results and diagnosed spinal stenosis as the cause of my back pain. At the '06 visit, however, to which I arrived near tears and on crutches, he ordered an x-ray and then stated firmly that there was nothing wrong with my lower back OR hip and that I should go home to exercise and take Ibuprofen. He referred to me as "Princess" and "Sweetheart"-- familiarities- I find both inappropriate and offensive; and on review of my requested records, I discovered that his report of that visit is so completely inaccurate as to cause me to think that it must have been written for someone else. Dr. Orvald is well known and highly respected for his orthopaedic skills, which are superb. I found his doctor/patient communication and overall patient "considerateness" Ii.e., bedside manner) to be little more than atrocious.
47 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1971
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Todd B Orvald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedics Northwest PPLC, 1211 N 16th Ave, Yakima, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Todd B Orvald in this video.
Dr. Todd B Orvald is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Yakima, WA.