Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Todd Sommer
Dr. Todd Sommer, DO, DPM is a Doctor primarily located in Green Bay, WI. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine. Dr. Sommer is affiliated with Bellin Hospital, St Nicholas Hospital and St Marys Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Todd Sommer has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
This was my first Podiatry appointment. My appointment was for 7:15, the nurse started with a X-ray of my foot, I didn't see Dr. Summer till about 8:00. My total appointment with Dr. Summer lasted a total of 7 minutes. In which I was told nothing I didn't already know. Heels are bad for your feet and you need more support in your shoes. I was then given a handout that had phone numbers for local orthotic clinics. I had to ask the nurse for more details on the actual diagnosis of our appointment and received very little explanation of next steps. The actually appointment Dr. Summer had left the patient room very awkwardly, I thought the nurse would then be in to follow up with me. I sat there waiting for about 10 minutes and finally walked out of the room. I asked the lady at the counter if my appointment was done and if I was free to leave. She replied was a simple 'Yes.' Honestly, Dr. Summer came across as a very nice guy. However, the lack of customer service by himself and the staff was so poor that I do not think I will be back for any type of follow up appointment.
Dr. Sommer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Nicholas Hospital
St Marys Hospital Medical Center
St Vincent Hospital
17 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1996
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Todd Sommer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1715 Dousman St, Green Bay, WI
Dr. Todd Sommer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Green Bay, WI.