Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Todd J Spector
Dr. Todd J Spector, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hollywood, CA, with another office in Santa Monica, CA. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Spector is affiliated with Saint John's Health Center and UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Spector has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Todd J Spector has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Todd J Spector has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Todd J Spector has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Todd J Spector is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Spector has been my doctor since '05. At first, had only glowing reviews for him and his practice but as time wore on, he's regularly not as attentive or friendly as he was in the past. Maybe he's received more patients or has a more hectic schedule... Not sure but I've been considering other doctors- which was unthinkable before.In my mind, the whole idea about having a regular doctor is to establish a personal relationship - to talk more than just "shop" - in the past he seemed open to that and now it's "next please!" - again, a complete 180 from where our doctor / patient relationship began.Recently, he misplaced some needed records from '05. "We don't have those records anymore..." Ironic because he usually always has that old laptop with the digitized files- I had to dig up old emails from him to get what I needed. Thank god I kept those or I'd be SOL!Lastly, his office staff has confused me with a different patient twice and billed me as if I didn't have insurance. Completely frustrating having to tell them I'm not an uninsured 53 year old. Thankfully, his staff fixed the issue... All in all, very knowledgable doctor who's past dedication and friendliness is sorely missed.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Spector is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Sackler School Of Medicine
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Todd J Spector accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Todd J Spector is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hollywood, CA.