Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tom G Mayer has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Tom G Mayer has the following 18 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Injuries
- Spinal Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
Dr. Tom G Mayer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Seriously the WORST Doctor...If you can even call him that, that I've ever met. Kept me waiting over 2 hours in the waiting room then got mad because he had to wait a couple of minutes on me to return from the restroom. I have a WC injury & was told I might have compression fractures & need an MRI he said "so what if you compression fractures? lots of people have them you don't need to know to about them but if you want an MRI fine..I'll be lucky if they pay for this visit" when the results came in & I returned he didn't even tell me the results or give me a copy, I had to ask for it. It turns out I had 2 bulging discs but he wasn't concerned about the pain that causes me & he just signed me up for his rehab program that did absolutely nothing. I don't see how he can help anyone because he doesn't shut his mouth long enough to listen and he has no empathy.
I was referred here and was scheduled to be 1st appt of the day. I waited over 2.5 hours before the dr came in. He was more closely akin to a car salesman as he tried to sell me on the oppurtunity I was blessed with to have access to his facility and program. He was rude, ingeniune, condecending, and a fast-talker (in a high pressure sales context). He told me how workers comp was so tedious and I was a doctors nightmare so no one else will probably want to deal with me. He promised to "have me hooked up to his (exercise) machines and working through the pain while I squeel like a pig". His waiting room seemed intimidated by him. His nurses were unfamiliar with his reknowned "blowfish toxin treatment". He did not review my medical file, MRI, examine me nor allow me to speak. He told me that if I wanted a prescription the i'd have to see his partner but he only sees those who have emotional issues that are co-morbid symptoms of the injury so if I wanted pain medicine I would need to "really embellish my depression or anxiety symptoms". The office is dirty and drab. If you feel like a second class citizen then this place will make you feel right at home. I told the office off before I left, vocally & publicly, and received a round of applause before I walked out. I am educated, a professional, and refuse to be a victim. Never allow yourself to be treated in such a demeaning and patronizing fashion as this office has adopted. Don't believe me?......go ahead, schedule that appointment and see for yourself !
50 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1968
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Tom G Mayer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProductive Rehabilitation Institute Of Dallas For Ergonomics, 5701 Maple Ave Ste 100, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tom G Mayer in this video.
Dr. Tom G Mayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.