Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tom B Vaughan III has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tom B Vaughan III has the following 13 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
Dr. Tom B Vaughan III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
First visit.Very knowledgable.Listens well,and gives good feedback. Did not order excessive testing.Gave me a chance to put in my own opinion and asked if that was the route I wanted to take.Although my appointment did not take place at the appointment time ,he apologized profusely for that.I can understand that sometimes things run over time.So far ,so good....
i met this individual through being sent to see him. i had seen many endo m.d.s in my life. this was the most stuck-up, uncaring, egotistical doctor i had seen so far. i guess being born into a rich family, in a closed-off, secluded, super-rich part of birmingham, ala., makes an indelible mark on you.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
18 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUab Medicine, 1530 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Tom B Vaughan III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.