Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Traceyan R Mendez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Traceyan R Mendez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 6
I was looking for a new physician and Dr. Mendez came highly recommended. I made an appointment for both myself and my 10 year old child. We both loved her. She was thorough and attentive. She ordered some tests on my child and actually called me at home twice with results and recommendations. We both felt very comfortable with her and will continue to see her. The staff was also very nice and helpful.
This doctor is treating chronic pain sufferers poorly. My first visit with her she insisted on cutting my pain medication. I have suffered with chronic pain for 30 plus years and was treated by the same doctor, the one she replaced. She insists that I must go to a pain clinic and the nearest one is approximately a four hour drive to and back. This 4 hours will not include the office wait or time spent on treating me. The pain I have come from different health problems. Physical therapy will not benefit me. Past attempts at physical therapy failed, actually making me worse. I have arthritis from the bottom of my spine to the the base of my skull along with 2 ruptured disks that cannot be operated on due to the heart disease I have, the risk is too great. Medicare will not pay for the open heart surgery again, triple bypass was done in 2001, stents were added over the years. I was given a new medication to help with the angina pain and sent home. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis in my hands knees feet fingers and spine as I previously mentioned. I have diabetic neuropathy. I am in constant pain 24/7 with the pain medication I was receiving I was able to have some type of life. The pain fluctuates from a 3 to 10 on the pain scale. with the reduction and future monthly reduction of my pain medications I will die. The pain causes my blood pressure to skyrocket to dangerous levels. I was taken by ambulance once because of pain causing high blood pressure, I almost died that day and spent time in the hospital recovering. I could provide more information and I'm sure I could do a better job with my response but the stress and pain are preventing me. This doctor is treating her pain patients as if one treatment fits all, this is absurd.
12 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Traceyan R Mendez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Associates, 465 State St, Curwensville, PA
Dr. Traceyan R Mendez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Curwensville, PA.