Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary T Bekx has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mary T Bekx has the following 2 expertise
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
Dr. Mary T Bekx has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAD ABNORMAL LAB WORK AND I WAS REFERRED TO A SPECIALIST AND FOUND HER ON THE WEB AND WAS PICKED HER DUE TO HER YEARS EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION HISTORY. HER TEAM WAS GREAT AND RELIEVED MY ANXIETY LEVELS A LOT. MY DAUGHTER IS NEWLY DIAGNOSED HYPER THYROIDISM. I TRUST THIS OFFICE WITH MY CHILD AND HAPPY TO HAVE THEM ON MY DAUGHTERS HEALTHCARE TEAM.
21 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Mary T Bekx accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUW Hospital & Clinics, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI
Dr. Mary T Bekx is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.