Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Tushar H Patel
Dr. Tushar H Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Chevy Chase, MD. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Dr. Patel has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Tushar H Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Tushar H Patel has the following 15 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Spinal Fusion
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
Showing 5 of 77
I got a call from my neurologist in the evening after she saw my MRI. She said I should see Dr. Patel immediately because of the gravity of my condition. I saw him the next day. He was knowledgeable, kind, and clear on technical matters. He explained my problems and the risks I faced without surgery - and with it. I needed five discs replaced AND my spinal cord was pinched in a number of places. I got two second opinions. Dr. Patel welcomed my getting the second opinions, saying, "If a doctor tells you not to get a second opinion, you should run out of the office." I had lots of questions which I gave to the scheduler. She passed them on to the Physician's Assistant who always got back to me that day! One time both the PA and the MD were in operating until 9:30 pm. I was told that the response would be first thing in the morning - and it was. His team was also simply superlative. The PA was always clear, providing as much detail as I needed, in understandable lay terms. My surgery was a total success. I have done well from the start of my recovery through my recent two year check up. I should mention that Dr. Patel accessed my spine and spinal cord all from the front, through a four inch horizontal cut in my neck in a natural crease line. That made my recuperation much easier as no large muscles were cut. There was no incision through my back or harvesting bone from my pelvis as my second opinion doctors both recommended, while allowing that 50 doctors in a room would have 50 different ways to accomplish the same tasks. Medicine is an art and a science. My wife and I trusted Dr. Tushar Ch. Patel and were smart to do so. I'd give him ten stars if this rating system allowed.
I highly recommend Dr. Tushar Patel. I was referred to him by a friend. I had had a failed discectomy on my neck in 2013 by a different doctor. My chin could touch my chest, and my neck length was almost non-existent. When I saw Dr. Patel, he showed my husband and I what he had done for a previous patient with a similar problem. This gave us hope! Dr. Patel discectomy on my neck was so perfect! The X-RAY showed us how intricate the discectomy had been. We are so grateful to Dr Patel. I feel like a new lady, I no longer feel embarrassed to go out in public. My neck looks beautiful!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Tushar H Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Vantage HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tushar H Patel, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Fairfax, VA, in this video.
Dr. Tushar H Patel is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.