Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Uel J Alexis
Dr. Uel J Alexis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY . He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Alexis is affiliated with New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, NYU Langone Medical Center and Suny Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Alexis has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Uel J Alexis has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Joint Diseases
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Neck Injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Lower Back Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Cancer Pain
- Headache Disorders
- Back Injuries
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
Showing 5 of 68
8 months ago I fell on my knee. I had an MRI of my back, which showed problems. I have been getting injection in my back, but it did nothing for my pain in my knee. I was given pills which did nothing for my pain, When I went to see Dr That is where the problem is. He is treating my problem and my pain has lessen. Thank you Doctor for listening to your patience
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alexis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
9 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2009
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Uel J Alexis accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Uel J Alexis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.