More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uma K Pisharody has 2 locations
1101 Madison St Ste 800
Seattle, WA 98104
Book Online Now
Dr. Uma K Pisharody has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Uma K Pisharody has the following 17 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Nutritional Support
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uma K Pisharody - Posted on May 25th, 2017
Quick and accurate Celiac diagnosis
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uma K Pisharody - Posted on April 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uma K Pisharody - Posted on October 5th, 2012
I brought my 2 year old here yesterday for some GI problems she has been having since she was an infant. The things that surprised me (in a good way) were that it was quick to get an appointment, we were seen on time for our appointment by the nurse then only waited 5 minutes for the doctor. The doctor was very nice and caring and thoroughly explained what was going on even though my daughter's condition was common. She spent probably a half hour or more just talking to us. My daughter needed some labs done so they have a pediatric phlebotomist in their office that I only had to wait a few minutes to see. Can't ask for much more than that! Highly recommend.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uma K Pisharody - Posted on October 31st, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
21 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Uma K Pisharody Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Uma K Pisharody
Music, travel, reading, cooking
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Uma K Pisharody, MD - Pediatric Gastroenterology in Seattle, WA, in this video.
Dr. Uma K Pisharody is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Seattle, WA.