Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uma P Pulipaka has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 27
I was referred by Dr. Nyugen from the hospital after I had a stroke in June. I went to her office and saw her physicians assistant after getting out of the hospital. She was very unprofessional in demeanor. She ordered an MRI of my brain to see the extent of damage. I had the MRI at the hospital. She never followed up and never even called me. It has been three months and I haven't heard from her.
Dr Pulipaka has an excellent bedside manner and she exhibited such professionalism that we won't go to another neurologist ever. My mother had just endured carotid artery surgery(she had 90% blockage in her artery in her neck) and Dr Pulipaka also discovered 2 aneurisms which requires a skilled neurologist to oversee. After just one consultation with Dr Pulipaka, we were all RELEIVED not only with the utmost professionalism Dr Pulipaka exhibited, but also her bedside manner made us all feel at ease. We all love her sense of humor (which is essential ESPECIALLY in her medical field) and she made us all feel as if we had known her for years and there was nothing we could not ask her. After all, when aneurisms are located a TRUSTWORTHY, EXPERIENCED neurologist is required. Dr Pulipaka is the one you want.
28 Years Experience
Kurnool Medical College
Graduated in 1990
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Uma P Pulipaka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNeurohealth Center, 713 N 4th St, Longview, TX
Dr. Uma P Pulipaka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longview, TX.