Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Urvish K Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Shah was my gastro in Lansing, Mi for 10 years. When Dr. Shah relocated to Marshall, Mi, I saw 4 different gastro doctors in the Lansing area. I found them to be incompetent, uncaring, and unable to help with gastro issues. When I found out Dr. Shah is practicing in Marshall, Mi., I called right away and made an appointment. He is worth the drive from Lansing to Marshall, about an hour one way. I'm very happy I'll be in amazing hands again!
I trusted Dr Shah until I found out that I did not need to be on the medication he prescribed. He said I had the beginnings of a barrettes esophagus and put me on protonix then changed it to zegrid. Theses medications did more harm than good! Not to mention I have nothing wrong with my esophagus! I just had an endoscope done and was told my everything looked great, so I took medicine for no reason. If you look at both medications you will see how bad they are, so please be careful!! I had a follow up visit with Dr Shah, however when I got there they sent his PA in to see me. I had to beg to see Dr Shah. He then gave me his time and attention.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jersey City Medical Center
Dr. Urvish K Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOaklawn Medical Group, 215 E Mansion St Ste 3A, Marshall, MI
Dr. Urvish K Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marshall, MI.