Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Usha S Walia has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 13
I have been Dr Walia's patient since 1998. She is the only docotor who helped me. She has excellent bedside manners. She cares about her patients. She spends lot of time with them. I recommend her highly. I am sorry to know she will be retiring pretty soon. Anyone out there, do you know any doctor like her, please help.
- Dr. is cold and uncaring, you can tell by the number of patients she sees that she is just in this for the money.- She only takes cash, no CC or checks.- Only has one other person working there, her office assistant, who is just as bad as the Dr. She doesn't treat patients very nicely and if you ask how much longer until you see the Dr. She seems annoyed. I think she is overwhelmed by work because she has no help. - Poor service and no communication. - NOT a good experience.
I have been a patient of Dr. Walia for about 1 yr now and I am now looking for a new Dr due to several reasons:- the average wait time, even with an appt scheduled weeks in advance, is over 1 hour. Several times, I have had to wait 1 1/2 hrs and my appts are always scheduled 1 month in advance.- the office asst is absolutely HORRIBLE! She makes you feel like you are bothering her whenever you ask her anything or call with any questions.- Dr. Walia is not exactly friendly or helpful either and she and makes you feel like you are bothering her as well by just coming in.- Very cold and uncaring
34 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Usha S Walia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeuro Medical Diagnostics, 2719 Northridge Dr Ste 107, Bedford, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Usha S Walia in this video.
Dr. Usha S Walia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bedford, TX.