More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uwe Blecker has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Uwe Blecker has the following 1 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Uwe Blecker has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 15
He entered the room, introduced himself to me and didn't even talk to my 16 yr old daughter - the patient! He was arrogant and didn't even ask about my daughter's medical history! There was my daughter, sitting in a motorized wheelchair and on oxygen and he didn't ask ANY medical questions. Finally he went over her long list of meds that my daughter is on and started asking me WHY is she on each med - almost accusingly. After I finally had a chance to tell him briefly about her 5 heart surgeries, lung bleeds, strokes, etc, he did a brief exam and said, "We have to do an endoscope". I asked him if she would have to be intubated and he said "of course!" My daughter asked me what that meant and I started to say something about the tube in her throat to protect her airway and she started to cry. Dr. Blecker acted like he didn't care, left the room and had the nurse come back with an appointment at TMC for the endoscope. He never even asked who my daughter's cardiologist was and never intended on contacting him. I called my daughter's cardiologist who said that he really preferred another peds GI doctor so we dropped Dr. Blecker and didn't go back. My daughter's cardiologist has always said that if she ever needed any procedure done, she should be at UMC because that's where the pediatric cardiologists are and they would be able to get to her fast just in case - and she has had several near-fatal situations - all of which I told Dr. Blecker - which he just blew off.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Uwe Blecker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Uwe Blecker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.