Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uzma A Syeda has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Lower Back Pain
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Joint Pain (Arthralgia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
My husband went to see this doctor. The staff is extremely rude. They sent my husband for over 4000.00 worth of blood work and sent him to an out of network lab company. We received a bill for almost 1000.00 in lab costs due to this error. When we contacted the doctors office they said they did nothing wrong. They print out the lab orders and they always do it right. If they had printed out the lab orders correctly then when my husband went to the out of network lab company they sent him to the lab company would have denied the orders as they would not have been theirs. They gave my husband the lab orders and even wrote down the address and told him where to go. We called and asked to have the doctor call us and were told "the doctor does not call patients". They called my husband a liar on the telephone and told him it was his mistake and they were not responsible. I recommend you do not use this doctor as you will be broke due to errors on her staff's part before you leave their office.
20 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Uzma A Syeda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUzma A Syeda Md, 210 N Park Blvd Ste 107, Grapevine, TX
Dr. Uzma A Syeda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.