More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vanessa M Mayol has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 1 of 1
I liked Dr. Mayol at first, but over time have had numerous issues with the care. If you are nursing, she might not be your first pick as she told me numerous times that I needed to wean my baby. She freqently questioned with a sense of doubt, "do you still have milk?" During a ear infection, she prescribed an antibiotic (ezythryomycin) that caused severe vomiting, followed by my baby catching 2 stomach infections. I think the antibiotic messed up the good flora in her stomach. She never suggested probiotics during the antibiotic course. I later started this when I heard about it from another doctor in the practice. At her 15 month check, by baby was very underweight. I asked for a referral to a nutritionist and a GI.She basically had no names to refer to me. My daugher drinks very little milk, and she failed to suggest calcium supplements until I asked about it, i.e., she didn't think of it on her own. Again someone else in the practice later provided me with names. I was shocked that she has no good referrals to help parents out. I am now switched practices as I am tired of trying to be a doctor and a parent and need someone who will pay attention to the details.
Dr. Mayol is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Vanessa M Mayol accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBethesda Pediatrics, 11325 Seven Locks Rd Ste 238, Potomac, MD
Dr. Vanessa M Mayol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Potomac, MD.