Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vanessa Richardson MD
Dr. Vanessa Richardson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Canonsburg, PA. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Richardson is affiliated with Allegheny General Hospital and Upmc Presbyterian Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Vanessa Richardson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Vanessa Richardson has the following 17 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Growth Disorders
- Gland Issues
Showing 2 of 2
Definitely would not recommend!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vanessa Richardson - Posted on December 11th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Richardson by my PCP. The best way I can describe Dr. Richardson's reaction when I explained my concerns is unimpressed. She ordered blood work and said I'd hear back "in about a week" but if I hadn't heard anything after 10 days that I should call. Nice. No one called, of course, so I had to call and was told that they had my results and someone would call me back. Four days later a nurse called me back with some concerning test results and said that I would need to follow up with a rheumatologist. Well, thanks for letting me know! And when I asked who they recommended, she said they didn't have anyone in particular to refer me to and that I should just look for a doctor close to my home! My experience with this doctor gave me the impression that they do not care in the least about their patients or what happens to them after they leave the office.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vanessa Richardson - Posted on August 15th, 2012
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Richardson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Vanessa Richardson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsCENTER FOR DIABETES & ENDOCRINE HEALTH, 1900 Waterdam Plaza Dr Ste 3, Canonsburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vanessa Richardson, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Canonsburg, PA, in this video.
Dr. Vanessa Richardson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Canonsburg, PA.