Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vanessa D Richardson has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vanessa D Richardson has the following 17 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Growth Disorders
- Gland Issues
Dr. Vanessa D Richardson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I was referred to Dr. Richardson by my PCP. The best way I can describe Dr. Richardson's reaction when I explained my concerns is unimpressed. She ordered blood work and said I'd hear back "in about a week" but if I hadn't heard anything after 10 days that I should call. Nice. No one called, of course, so I had to call and was told that they had my results and someone would call me back. Four days later a nurse called me back with some concerning test results and said that I would need to follow up with a rheumatologist. Well, thanks for letting me know! And when I asked who they recommended, she said they didn't have anyone in particular to refer me to and that I should just look for a doctor close to my home! My experience with this doctor gave me the impression that they do not care in the least about their patients or what happens to them after they leave the office.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
40 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Vanessa D Richardson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Diabetes & Endocrine Health, 1900 Waterdam Plaza Dr Ste 3, Canonsburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vanessa D Richardson in this video.
Dr. Vanessa D Richardson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canonsburg, PA.