Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Velissarios Karacostas
Dr. Velissarios Karacostas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Karacostas is affiliated with St Luke Hospital West, St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center and Mercy Hospital of Fairfield. Dr. Karacostas has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Velissarios Karacostas has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 6
I've seen Dr. Karacostas for several years and he is a kind and caring person. I don't feel like I'm just another patient. I feel like I matter and that he genuinely wants the best for me and to be as helpful in facilitating my journey to being productive, calm and happy. He can be counted on and will always return phone calls, even on the weekend!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Karacostas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1997
The Menninger Clinic
Dr. Velissarios Karacostas accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVelissarios Karacostas Md, 3001 Highland Ave Ste A, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Velissarios Karacostas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.