Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI, with other offices in Milwaukee, WI and Milwaukee, WI . He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Casterline is affiliated with Aurora West Allis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
After seven years of seeing Mr. Casterline for psoriasis that never got better, I have decided to fire him and seek treatment elsewhere. He never displayed any interest in my condition or well being. It was just prescription after prescription for a cream that obviously did not work. And when I tried to tell him this, he would just insist on giving it more time. Well, the time is up, and it's time to find a real physician.
Dr. Casterline was probably THE worst doctor I have ever encountered. My daughter had over 100 small warts inflicting her body. The doctor wanted to "burn" them off; all 100 of them! My daughter was crying, and he held her arm down and started, missing the warts entirely. I told him to stop and I took my daughter and walked out. I feel sorry for his staff, having to work with such arrogance and incompetence.
Dr. Casterline is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr in this video.
Dr. Vernon D Casterline Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.