Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Victor Matibag has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Victor Matibag has the following 7 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Lower Back Pain
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson Disease
- Seizure Disorders
Dr. Victor Matibag has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Victor Matibag is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Doctor should have retired years ago. He misdiagnosed my siezures and ran unnecessary tests that a separate doctor confirmed were unnecessary. Billing is confusing and complicated. They claimed to have sent a fixed claim to my insurance and it was applied to my deductible, but my insurance never received anything from them.
I began seeing Dr. Matibag for cluster migraines around 1999. After demyelination showed up on an MRI, he was convinced that I had MS. He performed various other tests and convinced me of this diagnosis. I was put on several medications including OxyContin for pain, which I became addicted to without even realizing it. After a blackout that put me in the hospital, I was probed & tested for a little bit of everything, including my B12 levels, which he had never tested. It turned out that I was not absorbing B12 and was producing methylmalonic acid. In effect, I have pernicious anemia, which is treatable with B12 shots. I'm doing much better now that I have been properly diagnosed and wish he had considered testing my B12, as pernicious anemia mimics MS. I spent over 10 years being treated for MS and in the meantime developed neuropathy in several areas, due to the lack of B12 in my system. Also, while I still consider Dr. Matibag to be a very caring physician, his staff, especially Aggie is very rude and it is still difficult to get your medications.
i really like him,however to get a rx refill sometimes takes days upon days.when you are to take medicine daily,you should NOT have to go through all the extra waiting.
Dr. Matibag is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Catherine Regional Hospital
Clark Memorial Hospital
- University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Victor Matibag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1035 Wall St, Jeffersonville, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Victor Matibag in this video.
Dr. Victor Matibag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jeffersonville, IN.