Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vijay V Kamdar has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vijay V Kamdar has the following 7 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Vijay V Kamdar has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Vijay V Kamdar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Vijay Kamdar, just might be responsible for my son's death. It took his office over 8 months to make the effort to obtain my sons pulmonary function test results from the hospital next door. My son was in and out of the ER 20+ times until they found evidence of fibrosis. After viewing the report, Vijay angrilly yelled 'You're fine" and sent my son huffing and puffing on his way. Now my son is bed ridden and awaiting a refferal to another pulmonologist. He probably won't make it. He could have been treated 8 months ago, instead Kamdar and his office failed to make an effort to diagnose my son. He is a monster and we will be pursuing the strongest legal action we can.
I have been to this Dr. office twice for sleep Apnea and breathing issues. My second visit I was LIED to by the staff who blamed my insurance for them forgetting to send an approval request to my insurance. Then I have waited for over 3 1/2 weeks to get a CPAP machine. I have called them and a lady in Billing threatened me over the phone because I asked why they would be on break for lunch at 2:15 p.m. She told me to "watch out"! With a rep from Western Medical supply on the phone in a conference call because they have FAILED to send a sleep studies report that was requested 2 weeks ago. I called the lady back and asked her if she normally tells people to watch out when asking a question. She hung up on me!!! I have seen nicer people on skid row, and a nicer office experience. If they have to lie and be rude I would have to say DON'T waste your love one's time or health here. Oh and the Dr. is ok but left door cracked and kept pushing bringing a card to write on and carry it around. IDK people up to you but you will see when you arrive.
44 Years Experience
University Of Mumbai
Graduated in 1974
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Vijay V Kamdar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsVijay Vadilal Kamdar Md, 3737 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Ste 301, Lynwood, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vijay V Kamdar in this video.
Dr. Vijay V Kamdar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lynwood, CA.