Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vijay K Vakharia has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 9
I am an 82 year old woman and I began seeing Dr. Vijay Vakharia in 2010 as my Primary Care Physician. In 2013 I had colorectal cancer and can say that Dr. Vakharia gave me the most excellent care a person can expect from a physician. He visited me daily during the nine days I was in the hospital and coordinated my care with the two surgeons who performed the three surgeries I required. He always listens and cares about what a patient feels and needs. He is never in a hurry. In addition to this excellent care, Dr. Vakharia has treated me for severe allergies, bronchitis and sinus infections and chronic diarrhea. In each instance, he gave me the care I needed and the right medications to see me through each illness. He has called me at home on several occasions, which few doctors do, to check on me. After seven years, I have gotten to know that Dr. Vakharia is not only a great doctor but a kind and caring human being and I highly recommend him.
Dr. Vakharia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Vijay K Vakharia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBroward Community Medical Center, 201 SW 84th Ave, Plantation, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vijay K Vakharia in this video.
Dr. Vijay K Vakharia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plantation, FL.