Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vincent J Silvaggio has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fusion
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Dr Silvaggio didn't rush to surgery. Wanted to explore all options prior to agreeing to doing surgery. Once surgery was done Dr Silvaggio not only stopped in every morning post op to follow up with my care as well as to answer any and all questions I had, but also stopped in the early evening if a problem needed addressed. I've never had a doctor show care and compassion like Dr Silvaggio has. He is a great surgeon and more importantly a great human being. I am16 days post op from a 2 stage fusion of S1-L5 and L5-L4. My personal life has resumed to normal activity minus a few restrictions. On a daily basis I gain more strength and conditioning and find myself more and more limber thanks to Dr Silvaggio. I highly recommend Dr Silvaggio.
Takes time to explain what exactly is wrong, different options explained, then he gives you an honest opinion. Decision is yours to make without any pressure. He is an excellent doc and I would not trust anyone but him to take care of my complex issues. Plus he can pull off a bow tie like no one else. I recommend him to all my patients.
I think Dr Silvaggio is one of the best surgeons there is. He totally takes his time with you, explains everything and has a great "bedside" manner which is very important to me.He is a miracle worker as far as I'm concerned! I'm to have a different surgery and he will be the one doing it.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2014, 2016, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Vincent J Silvaggio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThree Rivers Orthopedic Associates, 200 Delafield Rd Ste 1040, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Vincent J Silvaggio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.