Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vinod K Rustgi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Diseases
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Liver Transplantation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis B
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Rustgi has cutting-edge knowledge. He is kind and caring, and very comforting while also straight-forward with diagnosis, prognosis, and potential challenges. I am very thankful to have been referred to Dr. Rustgi. I know that I am in good hands. Not so keen on the P.A. I saw once, though. He seemed more focused on research than on the human being sitting in front of him. Now I will only see Dr. Rustgi.
Dr. Rustgi's credentials, experience, and professional esteem are indisputable. He is recognized up and down the east coast as Top Dog. I've been through several very serious illnesses with him and he's seen me through every step. His PAs are knowledgeable. My calls and emails are returned almost immediately by him and by his staff. I got annoyed once because I didn't think he had thought enough about an issue before giving advice, but it turned out that he was right on the money. Dr. Rustgi's front office is great. The Asian woman at reception may not be all warm and fuzzy but she is polite, respectful, and professional.
The young Asian girl at the front desk is quite possibly the rudest most insulting assistant I have seen in a long time. Hard to believe this is a professional office. I made a appointment one month advance, when I showed up for the appointment the girl on the front desk says my wife call and cancel my appointment, which is a big lie. I call my wife and asked about it and she knows nothing about my appointment. But the girl in the front desk keep arguing with and acting like I'm the one who is lying.
I visited the office 3 times, and saw a Physician's Assistant all 3 times. I never saw Dr. Rustgi. I believe the PA consulted with him over the phone - he did not appear to even be in the office. The PA was reasonably knowledgable, but clearly did not have answers. In the end, they sent me for 2 fairly expensive tests (HIDA scan and Liver biopsy), and ended up saying "sorry, we don't know what it is" - no referral, no suggestions, nothing. In addition, the desk staff were unhelpful, bordering on rude. I had the first appointment of the day (8:30) and still had to wait at least 20 minutes each time. When I decided to go elsewhere, and called to request my records, they made it very difficult. It took 3 separate calls, and each time I was told something different about how to get my records. When I asked questions, I was talked down to, and made to feel as if it was my fault that they didn't have my records ready yet. Overall, I was extremely dissatisfied.
no chance to see doctor, only his assistant.almost three weeks after bloood test, I haven't received any call to tell me the result.
39 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Vinod K Rustgi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vinod K Rustgi in this video.
Dr. Vinod K Rustgi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.