Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vivian H Tso has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Tso always expresses a deep interest in my concerns; she asks questions and answers mine as well. She makes you feel comfortable and she gives you the sense that she invites your input ... not like she's trying to hustle you out of her office. She also explains things with a focus and thoroughness that puts you at ease and gives you confidence in her analyses. I would recommend Dr. Tso to anyone needing a good internist and I always appreciate her skill and knowledge and demeanor in providing my health care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Tso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Dr. Vivian H Tso accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity California San Diego Student Health Services, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA
Dr. Vivian H Tso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.