Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vu Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Vu Nguyen has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Vu Nguyen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I would never recommend Dr. Nguyen to anyone. He should have stopped the procedure when it became difficult. As it was, he ended up perforating my colon and I had to have an emergency ileostomy. I have to wear a colostomy bag for 12 weeks and I'm just praying that they (another doctor) can put me back together. I don't think he took into consideration that I had mild diverticulosis and have had chemotherapy in the past. This can weaken the walls of the colon. He needs to slow down and research is patients better.
I made and apt with this guy cause my GP was on vacation. After waiting an hour for this guy he stopped me as I decided I waited long enough. When I told him why I was leaving he turned and walked away in the middle of my explanation and looked at me and said "do you have time". I figured why not. While I was talking with him telling him what was going on I never completed a single sentence or though with out him interrupting what I was telling him and he just moved to the next question. When he finally decided what was wrong without hearing all that was going on he made a rash and over the top diagnosis. When I disagreed with him on the treatment, instead of following the part of the Hippocratic oath stating the patient knows what is best for them and makes the final decision regarding their treatment, he said he has to speak with his supervisor and said he would be back in a minute. 15 minutes later I decided I had enough and left. BTW he never called in the prescriptions he said he would. That is the only part of the appointment I agreed with. You have to understand, I see patients also, and I know when someone is a bad doctor and this is one!
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vu Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Round Rock, TX.