Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walid S Demashkieh has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Walid S Demashkieh has the following 5 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gallbladder Surgery
Dr. Walid S Demashkieh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I had been sent to see him from the People's Clinic, and after just 15 minutes with him, I knew I would be better letting the butcher at Meijer do gall bladder surgery on me, than this guy. For the first consultation, my husband said "Hi" to him as he came thru the door. He promptly told husband "Sshh! You're not the patient!" So husband became quiet. He asked me what my issue was, I told him and then he said he wouldn't operate on me because I'm a smoker, overweight, and he then stopped talking. Then he sad he would operate on me for the gall bladder.. Then he changed his mind again, and said he wouldn't, and had to repeat the overweight/smoker thing, telling me how I'm going to die because of this. Mind you, I'm in tears by this time.. He asks me why I'm crying, and I couldn't answer him, so he said "He doesn't need patients who have no insurance" and proceeded to walk out.. I was a wreck at this time, but went back to People's Clinic to tell them what had happened, and they immediately took him off their list, as this has happened one too many times before to other people they had sent there. He's the most rudest, unprofessional "doctor" I have ever come across..
Dr. Demashkahi has the most courteous and professional bedside manner of any physician ever visited. He is attentive, accurate and really truly cares about his patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Demashkieh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Walid S Demashkieh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWalid Demashkieh Md, 2609 Electric Ave Ste B, Port Huron, MI
Dr. Walid S Demashkieh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Huron, MI.