Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter D Berkowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Stress Testing
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 5
Talk to Berkowitz as part of an amazing group of physicians. We have had excellent experience firsthand with this group. They were the messengers who Thank Heaven saved my husband's life. In regard to talk to Berkowitz for the purpose of this review, he is attentive & meticulous in his care. He is very thorough and when with a patient he is totally focused and listens to every detail. He is highly capable and a blend of decades of experience combined with up to date technology at his fingertips. This practice is a rare breed in today's rush rush world. A hidden gem in Fort Lee.
Must have seen Doc on a bad hair day. Did not remember setting up his own routine follow-up visit. Then did not know the visit was also a follow-up from an ER visit. Angrily stated "I don't give a sh*t about the labs" when presented with the ER lab results. Made no comment on them except to recommend that the pt. see another. Dr. Asked "what else is wrong", and made no comments there either. Gave an EKG and made no comment on results. Made no follow-up appt. Doc having a midlife crisis?
56 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1962
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Walter D Berkowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Cardiology Institute, 2200 Fletcher Ave Ste 1, Fort Lee, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter D Berkowitz in this video.
Dr. Walter D Berkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lee, NJ.