Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter G Hurt has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Ankle Disorders
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Elbow Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I am very happy with my experiences with Dr. Hurt. I suffered major trauma to my knee and Dr. Hurt did extensive reconstructive surgery. I am far from 100% and will likely need a replacement sooner than later. Dr. Hurt was very up front and straightforward with my prognosis from the very first visit....even though it was bad.... something that I truly appreciated. We made all decisions together -- he strongly cosidered my needs, but guided the decision process. Very caring doctor; took plenty of time to explain everything and to make me as comfortable as possible. Highly recommended! Staff does their job just fine, but can be a little "cold".
I liked this doctor but when I saw what he was charging my insurance company for his services I decided not to return. His first office visit was $1100.00. All I had done was an xray and he talked to me .My insurance company did not pay that much, but i thought charging that was way over the top.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Walter G Hurt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter G Hurt in this video.
Dr. Walter G Hurt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irving, TX.