The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter K Nahm has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Laser Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Having spent 34 years in law enforcement, and 34 years in the military (active reserves), I like to think I have a pretty good take on folks. I have been seeing dermatologists for years. I started seeing Dr. Nahm approximately 10 years ago on the recommendation of a friend. I can certainly live with any minor issues (30 minutes in waiting room, etc.). All I care about is the service the doctor provides. If you are looking for someone to sugarcoat your issues, he's not your guy. He cuts to the chase, gives you his recommendations, then "you" make the choice. How simple is that? If you don't ask questions (like most people), that's nobody's fault but yours. If youâre elderly, and a little hesitant to be inquisitive, bring a friend or relative that can help you. Dr. Nahm has done a fine job, I have no complaints.
He is excellent in what he does as a doctor. He found a small black dot on my lower back, biopsied it and said we have to this checked out. I have a lot of moles and as a child had some bad sun burns. Two weeks later I get a phone call saying I need to be scheduled for surgery. I had the surgery and now have a two and half inch scar. What I was told is he got all the tissue that could lead to melonoma. He said I was three qaurters of the way to having melonoma. I only felt one spot during the surgery which he quickly added more local anesthesia. He knows his stuff and I will continue to recommed him. And If you have to wait you can watch a movie in the exam room while you wait. Very professinal.
GREAT RECOMMENDATION I went to Dr. Nahm on the recommendation of a colleague and he was fabulous! Within moments of entering the exam room, he was able to diagnose that which had baffled both my primary physician and dentist. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. Best of all, he gave me samples of the prescription he recommended, which worked immediately so I never had to fill the prescription. I was literally in and out in about 15 min. His staff is very friendly, as well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Nahm is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Baylor College Of Medicine
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Walter K Nahm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWalter K Nahm Md Phd Inc, 7695 Cardinal Ct Ste 200, San Diego, CA
Dr. Walter K Nahm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.