Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Warren C Rizzo
Dr. Warren C Rizzo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ, with another office in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rizzo is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Shea, Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center and Maryvale Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Warren C Rizzo has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Warren C Rizzo has the following 8 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Warren C Rizzo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 66
I was a pt of Dr. Rizzo's for a cpl of yrs. I had a severe flare up and was unable to work. He refused to fill out paperwork for workmans comp through my job. told me I was able to work an hr a day if needed. Be nice if we could live on an hrs pay a day!!! I haven't been back since and no follow-up to see if I'm alive.
Dr. Rizzo is the rudest doctor I have ever dealt with. He is condescending and talks down to you. He does not listen and is cuts you off when you are trying to describe what is going on. He is stuck up and I think his staff is afraid of him. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR - READ ALL OTHER REVIEWS! He is the worst!!
Complete jerk. Rude to his patients. Pretty ballsy for a guy who couldn't even get into an American medical school. If you think I'm kidding just read the new patient paperwork on his website. The combative tone evidenced in the paperwork is nothing compared to Dr. Rizzo in person. Drive to L.A. or San Diego if you have to for a good rheumatologist. Avoid this nasty doctor. You've been warned.
Dr. Rizzo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Palermo
Graduated in 1982
Temple University Health System
Dr. Warren C Rizzo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Warren C Rizzo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.