Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wasim Sheikh
Dr. Wasim Sheikh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Katy, TX, with another office in Katy, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pathology. Dr. Sheikh is affiliated with Matagorda General Hospital, Gulf Coast Medical Center - Wharton and Oak Bend Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Wasim Sheikh has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Sheikh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Matagorda General Hospital
Gulf Coast Medical Center - Wharton
Oak Bend Medical Center
Chritus Sphon Hospital
Katy Hermann Meomerial
Christus St Catherines
Mhhs Katy Hospital
31 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Wasim Sheikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Wasim Sheikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Katy, TX.