Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Welton M Gersony
Welton M Gersony is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. They speak English.
Showing 4 of 4
I actually had two open heart surgeries back in 1999 when I was tweleve years old. I live on Long Island and the hosptitals out here misdiagnosed my heart problem. We had heard of Dr.Gersony from a family friend and called to make an appointment. We were told he wasn't accepting any new patients. After my mother explained to the office staff the severity of my situation Dr.Gersony was kind enough to accept me as a new patient. The first surgery I received only repaired my heart defect temporarily when it was supposed to be permanent. I still remember Dr.Gersony looking at my parents and I and I could see the hurt in his eyes of having to tell us that my surgery was unsuccessful.After both surgeries he always came to my room to see how I was feeling and just to see how I was doing. Dr.Gersony is probably the only doctor I have ever gone to where I felt he actually cared about his patients. I really feel being that type of a doctor takes a special person. Thanks to him diagnosing my heart with ASD I am here today and healthy. I will never forget how much he's impacted my life during that time.
We had more than 20 years with Dr. Gersony as my daughter's physician. We always thought he was her champion, her life saver but when she became severely injured, he was distant. As she lay in an induced coma, he left the hospital. All night we waited for him to bring us hope but he only appeared the next morning during routine rounds to tell us we were lucky to have had our daughter as long as we had. Learning our daughter hadn't died of cardiac failure but a medical error in our local hospital, Dr. Gersony refused to be interviewed by attorneys to persue legal action. Without his testimony, we had no case. His answer was for us to move on. I, my husband and my surviving children have not moved on. We do our best, but the loss of our daughter, and their sister has left a huge hole in our hearts. I never thought Dr. Gersony would be so detached. I used to think he was a god. So did he.
Welton M Gersony accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3959 Broadway, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Welton M Gersony in this video.
Welton M Gersony is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.