Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendy M Baer has the following 3 specialties
- Psychosomatic Medicine
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Wendy M Baer has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Wendy M Baer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
i saw two other psychiatrists before going to dr. baer. after meeting them, i wondered what, exactly, i was supposed to be getting out of it. but once i met with dr. baer, i instantly knew what i was supposed to get out of seeing a psychiatrist.dr. baer is wonderful. she takes the time to make sure you understand exactly what's going on with your diagnosis, but she doesn't patronize. she's also refreshingly specific in many of her suggestions to cope with mental illness. the other psychs i saw were so general - push yourself, work through it, it'll get easier, etc. dr. baer writes out specific plans with me, and every time i leave her office, i have a sheet of paper neatly laying out everything i need to do until the next time i see her. she also is a genuinely warm, caring, and kind person. i'm comfortable talking to her about things that i didn't want to mention to the other psychs i saw. she's easygoing with a great sense of humor, but she's also very serious about making sure you get exactly what you need from her. i feel like she goes out of her way to make me comfortable seeing and talking to her, and i look forward to my appointments with her.the one downside is that it's a bit of a wait to get an appointment if you're a new patient - i had to wait about a month - but then, for good specialists, you almost always have to wait at least that long.
Dr. Baer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Wendy M Baer accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsWinship Cancer Institute Of Emory University, 1365 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wendy M Baer in this video.
Dr. Wendy M Baer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.