Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendy L Balopole has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Cancerous Tumor
Showing 5 of 7
I absolutely love her! She is definitely worth the wait. Dr. Wendy is VERY smart and has a nice personality too. She has saved my life from breast cancer. Once I neglected to go for a blood test because I was waiting to get paid, and the office actually called me to see what was taking me so long! I feel they really keep track of their patients.
I was treated by Dr. Balopole for squamous cell cancer of the tongue. In the three week long hospital stays I had she was there EVERY day to see me and take the time to answer any and all questions I had. Because of my size and weight (6'9" 290 lbs) Dr. Balopole called to Europe and South Africa to consult with other specialists to confer on the best course of treatment. You could not ask for better.
37 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Wendy L Balopole accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wendy L Balopole in this video.
Dr. Wendy L Balopole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mineola, NY.