Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wilfred Geschke
Dr. Wilfred Geschke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Geschke is affiliated with Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center, Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr and Providence Portland Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Wilfred Geschke has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Wilfred Geschke has the following 11 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Wilfred Geschke is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Geschke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr
Providence Portland Medical Center
Adventist Medical Center
Providence St Vincent Medical Center
Providence Health System Oregon
47 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Wilfred Geschke accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions10101 SE Main St, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wilfred Geschke in this video.
Dr. Wilfred Geschke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.