Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William E Admire Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William E Admire Jr has the following 3 expertise
Dr. William E Admire Jr has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 5
I was very pleased with Dr. Admire... He is very personable and professional at the same time. He explains things where the common person can understand exactly what's going on. I have seen him in the emergency room on and off from my many visits to the ER. One time I saw him at a nursing home and he remembered me and some random detail about one of my visits. Apparently, he sees the elderly in Nursing homes as well as working in the ER. This was very impressive to me, because I'm quite sure he sees hundreds of patients every week coming in and out of the ER. To me this meant that he actually pays attention to his patients, where a lot of Dr's just come in and out and barely even look at you, much less listen to you. For this I would recommend him to anyone I know! I would also recommend that anyone with a loved one having to live in a nursing home do some research and find out which NH he visits, and pick one of those Nursing Homes.
Dr. Admire is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Geisinger Health System
Dr. William E Admire Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMobile Infirmary Medical Center, 5 Mobile Infirmary Cir, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William E Admire Jr in this video.
Dr. William E Admire Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.