Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Ameen
Dr. William Ameen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jamestown, NC. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Ameen is affiliated with Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital, High Point Regional Hospital and Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Ameen has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Cholesterol Management
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 6
I was recently very sick but my experience at Dr. Ameen's office was amazing. The providers and staff were so attentive and considerate. I was treated promptly and I could tell the entire staff was concerned about my care. They have everything needed on site to make a prompt diagnosis and treatment. I would recommend Dr. Ameen and his practice to all of my friends. Everyone was wonderful.
Dr. Ameen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
High Point Regional Hospital
Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital
High Point Regional Health System
40 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Halifax Medical Center
Dr. William Ameen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions700 W Main St, Jamestown, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Ameen in this video.
Dr. William Ameen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamestown, NC.