The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William C Chapman MD
Dr. William C Chapman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with other offices in Saint Louis, MO and Saint Louis, MO . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Transplant Surgery and Surgical Oncology. Dr. Chapman is affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William C Chapman has 3 locations
4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110
1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz # 6107
Saint Louis, MO 63110
4921 Parkview Pl Ste C
Saint Louis, MO 63110
Book Online Now
Dr. William C Chapman has the following 2 specialties
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. William C Chapman has the following 26 expertise
- Bile Duct Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Catheter Ablation
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Diseases
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Portal Hypertension
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. William C Chapman - Posted on May 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. William C Chapman - Posted on June 23rd, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. William C Chapman - Posted on May 28th, 2010
Dr. Chapman saved my life. I had a very complicated surgery after being diagnosed with advanced intrahepatic surgery. I do have to wait sometimes for my appointment but I would wait forever and not complain. When it is my turn he will listen to me and spend as much time as needed with me. The wait is nothing for the gift of life that he gave to me.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chapman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. William C Chapman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. William C Chapman
Dr. Chapman specializes in liver transplantation in both adults and children (living donor, living adult donor and adult-to-adult donor), hepatobiliary surgery and liver surgery with clinical interest in the surgical treatment of complex hepatobiliary problems, image-guided liver surgery, gallstone pathogenesis and prevention, hepatic transplant immunosuppression, hepatic surgery, bile duct surgery, surgery for portal hypertension, radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of liver tumors, cryoablation and hepatic artery infusion (HAI) pumps.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William C Chapman, MD - Transplant Surgery in Saint Louis, MO, in this video.
Dr. William C Chapman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.