Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William C Wood has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Wood has been my therapist for three years. He is both direct and compassionate. He is great at making patients feel understood and he takes feedback well. I am a teenager and not only is he a great therapist to me, but he helps to mediate my parents as well without it feeling like his association with them is encroaching on my own process. I have come a long way working with Dr. Wood and hope to continue to for a long time. I recommend Dr. Wood highly.
I brought my 12 year old son to Dr. Wood when his former provider left the practice. Dr. Wood was then a 2nd year resident (not disclosed to us at the time). Dr. Wood crossed boundaries and causing such trust issues for my son that to this day, my son who is now 22, dislikes this man. I am cannot believe this man is allowed to practice. I wish I had NEVER ever taken this recommendation.
18 Years Experience
University Of California At San Francisco School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 2000
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. William C Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNyp Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY
Dr. William C Wood is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.