Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Coburn Jr
Dr. William Coburn Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA, with another office in Newbury Park, CA. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Coburn is affiliated with Los Robles Reg Med Ctr, Thousand Oaks, Ca. He speaks English.
Dr. William Coburn Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. William Coburn Jr has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 1 of 1
My personal experience with Dr. Coburncomes from being a former patient for over a decade. The man has many sides to him and some of them are most troubling to me. For example I found him to be extreamly liberal with narcotic injections for just about every ailment. At other times he would go to his closet and give out samples of antidepressant medication, without everresearching my background. One time he gave me an broken sealed bottle and told me it was very expensive, so return it to him if I didn't like it.Although this is hard to believe, there was this one time when I was suffering from a condition called "restless leg syndrome" and the good Dr. convinced me to place a bar of soap in my bed with me at night, and he was convinced this would solve the problem.There came a time when the Dr wanted me to undergo a surgical proceedure with him. He was an hour late, to begin with and the anethesia that was given under his direction created something called anesthesia paralysis, and this became a most horendous experience, as you can imagine.I have heard some people say of Dr. Coburn that he just lacks the expertese that would have made him a good Dr.Others have said they knew he misdiagnosed and seemed extreamly cavalier about it. In my opinion there is a touch of the sadistic in the good Dr. Coburn
Dr. Coburn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Los Robles Reg Med Ctr, Thousand Oaks, Ca
53 Years Experience
University of Iowa
Graduated in 1960
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Coburn Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.