Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William D Kerr Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Ive only had one visit so far with Dr. Kerr as of yet, so diagnosis and follow up, I can't accurately say. I was frustrated at first with the wait but when I met him I understood why there was such a long wait and it was worth it. He spends time with his patients. I have never met a doctor who is so thorough and knowledgable. He spent at least 2 hours with me going over tests, asking and answering questions, ordering more tests, understanding my symptoms, and the list goes on. I have never left a doctors office feeling so confident in my care before and after just one meeting with this man I feel that he is just amazing. He is easy to talk to and in no way made me feel inferior as many doctors do. Of all the professionals I have met in the medical field, this man is by far my favorite. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for expertise in his field. On top of all this he has a sense of humor that many doctors lack, which makes him even easier to talk to.
Dr. Kerr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
58 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1960
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. William D Kerr Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthshore Medical Group, 1000 Central St Ste 640, Evanston, IL
Dr. William D Kerr Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Evanston, IL.