Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Lindsay
Dr. William Lindsay, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alabaster, AL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Lindsay is affiliated with Shelby Baptist Medical Center, Vaughan Regional Medical Center and Walker Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William Lindsay has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My Mother fell and broke her hip on a Friday. Dr. Lindsay Was the on call doctor at the time for the ER. He did surgery the next day on Saturday and it Is now Monday and he has yet to order PT Or get her moving and out of the bed. He won't answer our questions or give us a plan. I am very upset by this Doctors lack of skill. He won't Spend any time when making rounds. We are Looking into changing Doctors, which is hard to do! Never will I recommend him to anyone!
Dr. Lindsay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Medical Center East
Chilton Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Jacksonville Health Ed Prog
Dr. William Lindsay accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLindsay Orthopedics, 644 2nd St NE, Alabaster, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Lindsay in this video.
Dr. William Lindsay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alabaster, AL.